lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Manuel Le Normand <manuel.lenorm...@gmail.com>
Subject OCR - Saving multi-term position
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2014 14:19:25 GMT
Hello,
Many of our indexed documents are scanned and OCR'ed documents.
Unfortunately we were not able to improve much the OCR quality (less than
80% word accuracy) for various reasons, a fact which badly hurts the
retrieval quality.

As we use an open-source OCR, we think of changing every scanned term
output to it's main possible variations to get a higher level of confidence.

Is there any analyser that supports this kind of need or should I make up a
syntax and analyser of my own, i.e the payload syntax?

The quick brown fox --> The|1 Tlne|1 quick|2 quiok|2 browm|3 brown|3 fox|4

Thanks,
Manuel