lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Michael Ryan <mr...@moreover.com>
Subject RE: solr update dynamic field generates multiValued error
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2014 01:28:10 GMT
Are the latLong_0_coordinate and latLong_1_coordinate fields populated using copyField? If
so, this sounds like it could be https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-3502.

-Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: Franco Giacosa [mailto:fgiacosa@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 04, 2014 9:05 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: solr update dynamic field generates multiValued error

Hello everyone, this is my first time posting a question, so forgive me if i'm missing something.

This is my problem:

I have a schema.xml that has the following latLong information

The dynamicField generates 2 dynamic fields that have the lat and the long (latLong_0_coordinate
and latLong_1_coordinate)

So for example a document will have

"latLong_0_coordinate": 40.4114, "latLong_1_coordinate": -74.1031,
"latLong": "40.4114,-74.1031",

Now when I try to update a document (i don't update the latLong field. I just update other
parts of the document using atomic update) solr re-creates the dynamicField and adds the same
value again, like its using add instead of set. So when i do an update the fields of the doc
look like this

"latLong_0_coordinate": [40.4114,40.4114] "latLong_1_coordinate":
[-74.1031,-74.1031] "latLong": "40.4114,-74.1031",

So the dynamicFields now have 2 values, so the next time that I want to update the document
a schema error is throw because im trying to store a collection into a none multivalued field.

Thanks in advanced.