lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Michael Ryan <mr...@moreover.com>
Subject RE: Content-Charset header in HttpSolrServer
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2014 02:10:24 GMT
Done. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-6360

-Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Hostetter [mailto:hossman_lucene@fucit.org]
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2014 7:55 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Content-Charset header in HttpSolrServer

: I was reviewing the httpclient code in HttpSolrServer and noticed that
: it sets a "Content-Charset" header. As far as I know this is not a real
: header and is not necessary. Anyone know a reason for this to be there?
: I'm guessing this was just a mistake when converting from httpclient3 to
: httpclient4.

yeah ... looking at the diffs this was added in r1327635 as part of
SOLR-2020 .. if you compare with the old CommonsHttpSolrServer.java the lines of code sami
seemed to be trying to replicate was...

post.getParams().setContentCharset("UTF-8");

...i suspect we've just been getting luck that the default is already UTF-8, and/or the subsequent
code is always specific about the charset when adding streams -- but fixing that to call the
equivilent "new" method in httpclient4 would be a good idea.

Michael: Would you might opening a jira for this? (I don't suppose you know what the correct
equivilent method/option in httpclient4 is do you?)

-Hoss
http://www.lucidworks.com/