lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From prem1980 <prem1...@gmail.com>
Subject Solr substring search yields all indexed results
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2014 15:38:09 GMT
To do a substring search, I have added a new fieldType - "Text" with
NgramFilter.

It works fine perfectly but downside is this problem

Example

name = ['Apple','Samy','And','a']
When I do a search name:a, then all the above items gets pulled up. Even
when search changes to "App". All the above items are pulled. How can I fix
this issue?

<fieldType name="text" class="solr.TextField" positionIncrementGap="100">
    <analyzer type="index">
        <filter class="solr.EdgeNGramFilterFactory" minGramSize="1"
maxGramSize="100" />
    </analyzer>
</fieldType>