lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From heaven <aheave...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help with StopFilterFactory
Date Sun, 24 Aug 2014 15:02:06 GMT
Unfortunately I can't change the operator and phrase query for
"https://twitter.com/testuser" doesn't work as well.

It does work for "twitter.com/testuser" but that makes no sense since I then
can simply use old schema version or autoGenereratePhaseQueries=true and ask
users to remove http/www from urls manually. But then I have a reasonable
question, what then the StopFilterFactory is supposed to do if users still
have to remove blacklisted keywords? It sounds lie a bug to me because stop
filter factory only prevents words from being added to the index, but they
still affect search.

It should generate phases after solr.StopFilterFactory (if one is defined
for a field). Or there should be another mechanism to remove blacklisted
words like if there were no such words at all so they simply disappear.