lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Sören Schneider <s.schnei...@alkacon.com>
Subject Replacing a Solr index on the fly using SolrJ
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2014 09:21:00 GMT
Hi,

I'm looking for a way to (programmatically) replace a Solr index
on-the-fly using SolrJ, just as mentioned in Solr CoreAdmin Wiki[1]. I
already managed to create a dump of the index on-the-fly.

The intention is to use the dump transparently while rebuilding the
"original" index to achieve that the index and all its files stay
online. When the reindexing process is finished, the dump gets replaced
vice versa with the recent index.

If there's another way to solve this problem, please let me know.

Thanks and cheers
Sören

[1] https://wiki.apache.org/solr/CoreAdmin