lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Aurélien MAZOYER <aurelien.mazo...@francelabs.com>
Subject Re: sample Cell schema question
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2014 11:17:07 GMT
"indexed" means you can search it, "stored" means you can return the
value to the user or highlight it.
Both consum disk space.
A copyfield is not a kind of special field : it is a directive that
copies one field values to another field. They are many use cases for
using copy fields.
In the example, we use a specific field, text, as a default field where
use will perform the searches. That is why we copy all fields that we
want to search in that specific field "text"(note that there are other
way to search multiple fields : have a look to
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/ExtendedDisMax)
For exemple, the field "content"is copied to the "text" field  (that is
indexed) for searching. As we will use the field text to perform our
search, we don't need to index the "content" field too, and we don't,
you save some disk space.

Regards,

Aurélien