lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Intermittent error indexing SolrCloud 4.7.0
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2014 14:39:21 GMT
On 8/19/2014 7:23 PM, S.L wrote:
> I get "No Live SolrServers available to handle this request" error
> intermittently while indexing in a SolrCloud cluster with 3 shards and
> replication factor of 2.
>
> I am using Solr 4.7.0.
>
> Please see the stack trace below.

There's pretty much zero information to go on here.  I would suspect
performance problems leading to zookeeper client timeouts, which will
cause Solr to think servers are down when they're not.  The most likely
causes for performance issues (aside from simply trying to make too many
queries or simultaneous update requests) are:

* A java heap that's too small.
* A java heap that's very large, without proper GC tuning.
* Not enough RAM for the index size.

The apache wiki server is down at the moment, so this URL will not work
at the time I am writing.  When it works, it contains a larger
description of the problems mentioned above, and a few other ideas:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrPerformanceProblems

You can visit the google cache for that page, which I believe is
completely up to date:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:dv-tzFUweQ8J:https://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrPerformanceProblems+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk

Thanks,
Shawn