lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: solr cloud going down repeatedly
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2014 15:37:55 GMT
On 8/25/2014 4:23 AM, Jakov Sosic wrote:
> we ended up using cron to restart Tomcats every 7 days, each solr node
> per day... that way we avoid GC pauses.
>
> Until we figure things out in our dev environment and test GC
> optimizations, we will keep it this way.

If it's only doing a long GC pause once a week, I think I'd prefer to go
ahead and let it do the long GC pause.  It would be less of an
interruption than restarting Solr.

Or is it getting into a mode after several days where it goes crazy and
has a lot of major GC storms?  If that's the case, is it happening even
with the GC tuning parameters I gave you before?  I run my Solr
instances for months without issues.  Right now, my production Solr
instances have been running for 25 days.

Thanks,
Shawn