lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Bill Bell <billnb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: embedded documents
Date Sun, 24 Aug 2014 23:30:03 GMT
See my Jira. It supports it via json.fsuffix=_json&wt=json

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-dev/201304.mbox/%3CJIRA.12641293.1365394604231.125944.1365397875874@arcas%3E

Bill Bell
Sent from mobile

> On Aug 24, 2014, at 6:43 AM, "Jack Krupansky" <jack@basetechnology.com> wrote:
>
> Indexing and query of raw JSON would be a valuable addition to Solr, so maybe you could
simply explain more precisely your data model and transformation rules. For example, when
multi-level nesting occurs, what does your loader do?

> Maybe if the fielld names were derived by concatenating the full path of JSON key names,
like titles_json.FR, field_naming nesting could be handled in a fully automated manner.

> I had been thinking of filing a Jira proposing exactly that, so that even the most deeply
nested JSON maps could be supported, although combinations of arrays and maps would be problematic.