lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Jack Krupansky" <>
Subject Re: Help with StopFilterFactory
Date Sun, 24 Aug 2014 16:25:14 GMT
If autoGeneratePhraseQueries="true" (which I endorse) is working, then 
what's the problem?

I mean, the only problem you mention is with 
autoGeneratePhraseQueries="false", which is clearly NOT what you want.

Once again, I have to reiterate that the situation here remains very 
confused, mostly from poor use of language.

It only adds to the confusion when you say things like "doesn't work", 
rather than taking a constructive attitude of telling on the expected 
results vs. the actual results.

And I think I did request that you add the debug=true query parameter and 
post the parsed query so that we can see what was really generated for the 

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message----- 
From: heaven
Sent: Sunday, August 24, 2014 12:04 PM
Subject: Re: Help with StopFilterFactory

I don't see any confusions, the problem is clearly explained in the first
post. The one confusion I had was with the autoGeneratePhraseQueries and my
schema version, I didn't know about that attribute and that its behavior
could differ per schema version. I think we now figured that out and I am
using the most recent 1.5 schema version with
autoGeneratePhraseQueries="true" (so the behavior should be exactly the same
as for schema version 1 that I had before).

With autoGeneratePhraseQueries="false" I get unexpected results, e.g. all
those that match only partially, like only by "twitter" and/or "com".

Following your steps:
1. Schema version is 1.5
2. autoGeneratePhraseQueries is set to true.
3. It seems it does, but that doesn't work as expected and those words still
affect the search.
4. if I index and search for I am getting 0 matches even though "https"
should be filtered out by the StopFilterFactory.

View this message in context:
Sent from the Solr - User mailing list archive at 

View raw message