lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: Help with StopFilterFactory
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2014 12:01:57 GMT
Sigh. Maybe I vaguely recall some vague discussion of this.

Okay, so you can get the old" behavior, either by globally setting the
"lucene match version" in solrconfig:

<luceneMatchVersion>4.3</luceneMatchVersion>

Or, probably best, just set the lucene match version for that specific token
filter by adding this attribute:

luceneMatchVersion="4.3"

But... the old behavior is now "deprecated", so it mostly likely will not be
in Solr 5.0.

I'll think about this some more as to whether there might be some workaround
or alternative.

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message-----
From: heaven
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2014 6:02 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Help with StopFilterFactory

Hi, just tried your suggestion but get this error:

And then I found the next:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18668376/solr-4-4-stopfilterfactory-and-enablepositionincrements.

I don't really know why they did so, the reason that "it can create broken
token streams" doesn't fit in my mind. Perhaps those who made this decision
do not use Solr so they simply don't care, that's the only explanation I can
find.