lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "david.w.smiley@gmail.com" <david.w.smi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Indexing and Querying MS SQL Server 2012 Spatial
Date Sat, 23 Aug 2014 13:14:48 GMT
The jts-1.13.jar file (other JTS jars that come with it aren’t used)
needs to go on the java classpath.  I haven’t tried to do it using the
way you’re doing it.  Note that the “lib” directories Solr manages
won’t work for some jar’s like this one.  I forget but I think putting
it in examples/lib works.  Unpacking the WAR and putting it in
WEB-INF/lib definitely works.
~ David Smiley
Freelance Apache Lucene/Solr Search Consultant/Developer
http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley

On Sat, Aug 23, 2014 at 4:36 AM, Bostic, Alex <alex.bostic@urs.com> wrote:
> Ok, I was missing
> spatialContextFactory="com.spatial4j.core.context.jts.JtsSpatialContextFactory"
>

> Now I am getting
>
> Error loading core:java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
com/vividsolutions/jts/geom/CoordinateSequenceFactory

> Any help resolving my path issues would be great
>
> Alex Bostic
> GIS Developer
> URS Corporation
> 12420 Milestone Center Drive, Suite 150
> Germantown, MD 20876
> direct line: 301-820-3287

wta.GEOM.STAsText(), wta.OBJECTID
>   FROM dbo.WorkTypes wt Inner Join dbo.WorkTypeAreas wta ON wt.Id = wta.WorkTypeId">
>       <field column="Id" name="id" />
>       <field column="ChildId" name="childid" />
>       <field column="WorkTypeTypeId" name="worktypetypeid" />
>       <field column="Name" name="name" />
>       <field column="CreatedDate" name="createddate" />
>           <field column="ModifiedDate" name="modifieddate" />
>           <field column="UserId" name="userid" />
>           <field column="Year" name="year" />
>           <field column="GEOM" name="geom" />
>           <field column="OBJECTID" name="objectid" />
>     </entity>
>
> OBJECTID shows up fine in my updated index, gut GEOM does not.  The index was successful
and I don't see any errors in the console or the log (from the web)

> I am starting solr like so:
> java -Dsolr.solr.home=c:\AddedSoftware\solr-4.90\ocsirasspatial\solr -Djetty.class.path=c:\AddedSoftware\solr-4.9.0\jts-1.13\lib
-jar start.jar

> Based on the above, what am I missing to get this to work.  Maybe I am overlooking an
issue in the console?

> Thanks
>

> Alex Bostic
> GIS Developer
> URS Corporation
> 12420 Milestone Center Drive, Suite 150
> Germantown, MD 20876
> direct line: 301-820-3287

field for a while now. (However, I must say that the index grew a lot when used this class
instead of the geohash for simple points ..so use it only if you really need to index polylines
and/or polygons)

> I actually already successfully connected solr to postGis and oracle spatial via DIH
but in this live website ( http://cascaismap.com ) we had a GE Smallworld as the GIS system
so it was easier just to build a sync engine that periodically queries differences from the
GIS and push them into solr via xml document. This project has already couple of years now
so a lot would be different now.

> In that website, solr provides, obviously, all the text search on the top and also 70%
of the themes available on the treeview on the left (expand in the red button) that are result
of a bounding box query to geometry index in solr.
> Something like this : (...)q=bounds:Intersects(-9.463118366688718 38.67913579372146 -9.370549969166746
38.7109390712568)(...)

> After this, we actually provided for a different project, a similar sync mechanism but
between in-house solr instances and google maps engine datastore in the cloud and it works
like a charm.

> Guilherme Pires
> Geospatial Intelligence @ CGI
> guilherme.pires@cgi.com

at the Lucene-spatial layer but not up at Solr.  You need to use WKT syntax for line's and
polys, and you may do so as well for other shapes.  And in the schema use location_rpt copied
from Solr's example schema for starters, but modified as the ref guide & wiki show to
use JTS.
>  The ref guide, wiki, and I would guess that book should show how to to a bounding box
query using {!bbox} - it's pretty simple.