lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Dave Seltzer <dselt...@tveyes.com>
Subject Combining a String Tag with a Numeric Value
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2014 14:32:08 GMT
Hello!

I have some new entity data that I'm indexing which takes the form of:

String: EntityString
Float: Confidence

I want to add these to a generic "Tags" field (for faceting), but I'm not
sure how to hold onto the confidence. Token Payloads seem like one method,
but then I'm not sure how to extract the Payload.

Alternatively I could create two fields: TagIndexed which stores just the
string value and TagStored which contains a delimited String|Float.

What's the right way to do this?

Thanks!

-D