lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Timothy Potter <thelabd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Replication of full index to replica after merge index into leader not working
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2014 19:44:27 GMT
Was able to get around it for now sending the REQUESTRECOVERY command
to the replica. Will open an improvement JIRA but not sure if it's
worth it as the work-around is pretty clean (IMO).

Tim

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 5:33 PM, Mark Miller <markrmiller@gmail.com> wrote:
> I’d just file a JIRA. Merge, like optimize and a few other things, were never tested
or considered in early SolrCloud days. It’s used in the HDFS stuff, but in that case, the
index is merged to all replicas and no recovery is necessary.

> If you want to make the local filesystem merge work well with SolrCloud, sounds like
we should write a test and make it work.