lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Timothy Potter <thelabd...@gmail.com>
Subject Replication of full index to replica after merge index into leader not working
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2014 17:20:19 GMT
Hi,

Using the coreAdmin mergeindexes command to merge an index into a
leader (SolrCloud mode on 4.9.0) and the replica does not do a snap
pull from the leader as I would have expected. The merge into the
leader worked like a charm except I had to send a hard commit after
that (which makes sense).

I'm guessing the replica would snap pull from the leader if I
restarted it, but reloading the collection or core does not trigger
the replica to pull from the leader. This seems like an oversight in
the mergeindex interaction with SolrCloud. Seems like the simplest
would be for the leader to send all replicas a request recovery
command after performing the merge.

Advice?

Cheers,
Tim