lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From amid <a...@donanza.com>
Subject Re: Indexing & search list of Key/Value pairs
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2014 19:32:43 GMT
Hi Jack,

This can really improve the solution, still it's less robust than an option
to search a "pair" (for example if the skills are indexed with an index key,
a query like "(skill1:php skill1_years:[2 TO *]) OR (skill2:php
skill2_years:[2 TO *] ...).
The solution I describe is not really good as it can create allot of
subqueries and I assume can kill the performance.

Wondered if payloads can be used so the term will be the skill and the
payload will contain the amount of years. If I can create a query (or
implement a custom one) which can search by skill & payload together this
can be a very good solution.
Is this achievable? if so do you know of any demo or good starting point to
explore it?

Many thanks,
Ami