lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From bbarani <bbar...@gmail.com>
Subject How to change search component parameters dynamically using query
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2014 17:38:32 GMT
Hi,

I use the below highlight search component in one of my request handler.

I am trying to figure out a way to change the value of highlight search
component dynamically from the query. Is it possible to modify the
parameters dynamically using the query (without creating another
searchcomponent)?

 <searchComponent class="solr.HighlightComponent" name="highlight">
	<highlighting>
          <boundaryScanner class="solr.highlight.SimpleBoundaryScanner"
default="false" name="simple">
                  <lst name="defaults">
		 	<str name="hl.bs.maxScan">200</str>
			<str name="hl.bs.chars">.</str>
		 </lst>
	    </boundaryScanner>
	    <boundaryScanner class="solr.highlight.BreakIteratorBoundaryScanner"
default="true" name="breakIterator">
	  	  <lst name="defaults">
            	  <str name="hl.bs.type">SENTENCE</str>
                    <str name="hl.bs.language">en</str>