lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: Specify Analyzer per field
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2014 12:42:03 GMT
Thanks for finally specifying the feature so concisely. IOW, you want the ES
feature of being able to specify the analyzer for the field as opposed to
the field type.

See:
http://www.elasticsearch.org/guide/en/elasticsearch/guide/current/mapping-intro.html

"For analyzed string fields, use the analyzer attribute to specify which
analyzer to apply both at search time and at index time. By default,
Elasticsearch uses the standard analyzer, but you can change this by
specifying one of the built-in analyzers, such as whitespace, simple, or
english... In Custom analyzers we will show you how to define and use custom
analyzers as well."

No, Solr does not have that feature per se - you have to specify a custom
field TYPE to specify the analyzer.

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message-----
From: Ankit Jain
Sent: Monday, September 1, 2014 2:14 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Specify Analyzer per field

Thanks for the response guys..

Let's consider I have two fields X and Y and field type of both fields are
*text*. Now, i want to use whitespace analyzer for field X and standard
analyzer for field Y.

In Elasticsearch, we can specify the different analyzer for same field
type. Is this feature is available in Solr ?

I want to use schema less feature Solr because the schema is created at
runtime as per user input.

Regards,
Ankit Jain

--