lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Christoph Schmidt <christoph.schm...@moresophy.de>
Subject AW: Scaling to large Number of Collections
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2014 07:50:58 GMT
Yes, this would help us in our scenario.

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Jack Krupansky [mailto:jack@basetechnology.com]
Gesendet: Sonntag, 31. August 2014 18:10
An: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Scaling to large Number of Collections

We should also consider "lightly-sharded" collections. IOW, even if a cluster has dozens or
a hundred nodes or more, the goal may not be to shard all collections across all shards, which
is fine for the really large collections, but to also support collections which may only need
to be sharded for a few shards or even just a single shard, and to instead focus the attention
on large number of collections rather than heavily-sharded collections.

-- Jack Krupansky