lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Edwards, Joshua" <Joshua.Edwa...@capitalone.com>
Subject RE: Using Velocity with Child Documents?
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2014 13:17:48 GMT
Hey, Erick -

Thanks for the response.  Yes, I've played around with Velocity before, and I've been able
to get some good results.  However, with how Solr stores (and returns) child documents, I
don't know of a way to get a response that is similar to the initial Json going in - with
each parent document having the child documents underneath.  I believe that I have to get
the parent information, and then run another query for each record to get the child records.
 I didn't know if someone had done something similar.

Thanks,
Josh Edwards

-----Original Message-----
From: Erick Erickson [mailto:erickerickson@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2014 3:10 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Using Velocity with Child Documents?

Velocity is just taking the Solr response and displaying selected bits in HTML. So assuming
the information you want is in the reponse packet (which you can tell just by doing the query
from the browser) it's "just" a matter of pulling it out of the response and displaying it.

Mostly when I started down this path I poked around the velocity directory it was just a bit
of hunt int to figure things out, with some help from the Apache Velocity page.

Not much help, but the short form is there's much of an example that I know of for your specific
problem.

Erick

On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 8:54 AM, Edwards, Joshua <Joshua.Edwards@capitalone.com> wrote:
> Hi -
>
> I am trying to index a collection that has child documents.  I have successfully loaded
the data into my index using SolrJ, and I have verified that I can search correctly using
the "child of" method in my fq variable.  Now, I would like to use Velocity (Solritas) to
display the parent records with some details of the child records underneath.  Is there an
easy way to do this?  Is there an example somewhere that I can look at?

> Thanks,
> Josh Edwards
>
> The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and/or proprietary to Capital
One and/or its affiliates. The information transmitted herewith is intended only for use by
the individual or entity to which it is addressed.  If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination,
distribution, copying or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the
sender and delete the material from your computer.