lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jens Mayer <mjen...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject eDismax - boost function of multiple values
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2014 15:30:57 GMT
Hey everyone,

I have a question about the boost function of solr.
The documentation say about multiple function querys that I can write it seperated by whitespaces.

Example: q=foo&bf=ord(popularity)^0.5 recip(rord(price),1,1000,1000)^0.3

Now I have two fields I like to boost. Inhabitants and importance.
The field Inhabitants contain the inhabitants of citys. and the field importance contain a
priority value - citys have the value 10, suburb the value 5 and streets the value 1.
If I use the bf parameter I can boost inhabitants so that citys with the most inhabitants
ranked up.

Example: q=foo&bf=ord(inhabitants)

The same happens if I boost importance.

Example: q=foo&bf=ord(importance)

But if I try to combine both so that importance and inhabitants ranked up
only inhabitants will be ranked up and importance will be ignored.

Example: q=foo&bf=ord(inhabitants) ord(importance)

Knows anyone how I can fix this problem?

greetings