lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: Edismax parser and boosts
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2014 22:07:53 GMT
Definitely sounds like a bug! File a Jira. Thanks for reporting this. What
release of Solr?

-- Jack Krupansky
-----Original Message-----
From: Pawel Rog
Sent: Wednesday, October 8, 2014 3:57 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Edismax parser and boosts

Hi,
I use edismax query with q parameter set as below:

q=foo^1.0+AND+bar

For such a query for the same document I see different (lower) scoring
value than for

q=foo+AND+bar

By default boost of term is 1 as far as i know so why the scoring differs?

When I check debugQuery parameter in parsedQuery for "foo^1.0+AND+bar" I
see Boolean query which one of clauses is a phrase query "foo 1.0 bar". It
seems that edismax parser takes whole q parameter as a phrase without
removing boost value and add it as a boolean clause. Is it a bug or it
should work like that?

--
Paweł Róg