lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: pySolr and other Python client options for SolrCloud.
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2014 00:42:33 GMT
On 10/1/2014 2:29 PM, S.L wrote:
> Right , but my query was to know if there are any Python clients which
> achieve the same thing as SolrJ  , or the approach one should take when
> using Python based clients.

If the python client can support multiple hosts and failing over between
them, then you would simply list multiple URLs.  If not, then you'll
need a load balancer.  I use haproxy with Solr (not in Cloud mode) for
automatic failover, and it should work equally well for SolrCloud and a
non-java client.

It looks like Alexandre knows a lot more about it than I do ... I know
very little about python.

Thanks,
Shawn