lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: best load balancer for solr cloud
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2014 15:54:44 GMT
On 10/14/2014 2:45 AM, Apoorva Gaurav wrote:
> Any specific configuration needed for CloudSolrServer as I've seen
> increased latency on using it. Does ConcurrentUpdateSolrServer itself do
> discovery like CloudSolrServer.

ConcurrentUpdateSolrServer is just a wrapper for HttpSolrServer that
does simultaneous background indexing of multiple update requests with
multiple threads.  It has no idea what's happening in the SolrCloud
clusterstate.

CloudSolrServer is the only cloud-aware Solr client that I know about.
I think someone is working on a cloud-aware client for another
programming language besides Java, but I don't remember which language
and I don't know what the status is.

Thanks,
Shawn