lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: SolrJ: Force SolrServer to send request to specific node
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2014 14:22:56 GMT
On 10/24/2014 7:59 AM, nabil Kouici wrote:
> Hi All,When using SolrServer we specify only Zookeeper ensemble and this last will give
us reference to solr node to be used. Is it possible to force SolrServer to use a specific
node?

You can specify the shards parameter on your request, like you can see
in some of the examples at the URL below ... but I really have to wonder
why you'd want to do this.  It really defeats the entire purpose of
CloudSolrServer.

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrCloud#Distributed_Requests

Can you back up to tell us what you're trying to accomplish?  The best
solution might be entirely different than what you asked for.  We call
this an "XY problem."

http://people.apache.org/~hossman/#xyproblem

Thanks,
Shawn