lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: eDisMax parser and special characters
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2014 21:55:09 GMT
Hyphen is a "prefix operator" and is normally followed by a term to indicate
that the term "must not" be present. So, your query has a syntax error. The
two query parsers differ in how they handle various errors. In the case of
edismax, it quotes operators and then tries again, so the hyphen gets
quoted, and then analyzed to nothing for text fields but is still a string
for string fields.

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message-----
From: Lanke,Aniruddha
Sent: Wednesday, October 8, 2014 4:38 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: eDisMax parser and special characters

Sorry for a delayed reply here is more information -

Schema that we are using - http://pastebin.com/WQAJCCph
Request Handler in config - http://pastebin.com/Y0kP40WF

Some analysis -

Search term: red -
Parser eDismax
No results show up
<str name="parsedquery">(+((DisjunctionMaxQuery((name_starts_with:red^9.0 |
name_parts_starts_with:red^6.0 | s_detail:red | name:red^12.0 |
s_detail_starts_with:red^3.0 | s_detail_parts_starts_with:red^2.0))
DisjunctionMaxQuery((name_starts_with:-^9.0 |
s_detail_starts_with:-^3.0)))~2))/no_coord</str>

Search term: red -
Parser dismax
Results are returned
<str name="parsedquery">(+DisjunctionMaxQuery((name_starts_with:red^9.0 |
name_parts_starts_with:red^6.0 | s_detail:red | name:red^12.0 |
s_detail_starts_with:red^3.0 | s_detail_parts_starts_with:red^2.0))
())/no_coord</str>

Why do we see the variation in the results between dismax and eDismax?

On Oct 8, 2014, at 8:59 AM, Erick Erickson