lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Alan Woodward <a...@flax.co.uk>
Subject Re: Need to reindex when changing schema.xml?
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2014 08:40:56 GMT
You should be able to change it without re-indexing, unless you've enabled docValues on that
field.  AFAIK docValues are the only persistent data structure that is different for single-valued
versus multi-valued, everything else (UninvertedFields, etc) is built on the fly.

I don't think there's any definitive reference on what requires a re-index, but that would
be a nice thing to add to the Reference Guide

Alan Woodward
www.flax.co.uk