lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Bob Laferriere <spongeb...@icloud.com>
Subject Boosting Top selling items
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2014 02:46:42 GMT
I have been working to try and identify top selling items in an eCommerce app and boost those
in the results. The struggle I am having is that our catalog stores products and parts in
the same taxonomy. Since parts are ordered more frequently when you search for something like
TV you see cables and antennas first. My theory is that someone needs to tag products as Top
Selling as a facet then use faceted search to avoid an artificial boost which screws up document
relevance. Anyone fight with anything similar? Interested in discussing with other eCommerce
search developers.

Regards,

Bob