lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Lanke,Aniruddha" <Aniruddha.La...@Cerner.com>
Subject Re: eDisMax parser and special characters
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2014 13:34:02 GMT
Is there a way to override this default behavior?

— Lanke

On Oct 8, 2014, at 4:55 PM, Jack Krupansky <jack@basetechnology.com> wrote:

> Hyphen is a "prefix operator" and is normally followed by a term to indicate that the
term "must not" be present. So, your query has a syntax error. The two query parsers differ
in how they handle various errors. In the case of edismax, it quotes operators and then tries
again, so the hyphen gets quoted, and then analyzed to nothing for text fields but is still
a string for string fields.

> -- Jack Krupansky
>
> -----Original Message----- From: Lanke,Aniruddha
> Sent: Wednesday, October 8, 2014 4:38 PM
> To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
> Subject: Re: eDisMax parser and special characters
>
> Sorry for a delayed reply here is more information -
>
> Schema that we are using - http://pastebin.com/WQAJCCph
> Request Handler in config - http://pastebin.com/Y0kP40WF
>
> Some analysis -
>
> Search term: red -
> Parser eDismax
> No results show up
> <str name="parsedquery">(+((DisjunctionMaxQuery((name_starts_with:red^9.0 | name_parts_starts_with:red^6.0
| s_detail:red | name:red^12.0 | s_detail_starts_with:red^3.0 | s_detail_parts_starts_with:red^2.0))
DisjunctionMaxQuery((name_starts_with:-^9.0 | s_detail_starts_with:-^3.0)))~2))/no_coord</str>

> Search term: red -
> Parser dismax
> Results are returned
> <str name="parsedquery">(+DisjunctionMaxQuery((name_starts_with:red^9.0 | name_parts_starts_with:red^6.0
| s_detail:red | name:red^12.0 | s_detail_starts_with:red^3.0 | s_detail_parts_starts_with:red^2.0))
())/no_coord</str>