lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <erik.hatc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: StatelessScriptUpdateProcessorFactory Access to Solr Core/schema/analyzer etc
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2014 08:47:24 GMT

On Oct 22, 2014, at 3:27 PM, Shawn Heisey <apache@elyograg.org> wrote:

> On 10/22/2014 11:50 AM, Tom LAMPERT wrote:
>> I am attempting to create a script (java script) using the StatelessScriptUpdateProcessorFactory
feature of solr but I am blocked on how to access the current core instance (ultimately to
access it's schema)? In the wikipedia example the input document is accessible using doc =
cmd.solrDoc but no other information is given. The aim of the script is to apply any filters/tokenisers
to the input fields before solr indexes them so that the stored values are those after processing,
not the original data. Any tips would be gratefully received as I cannot find any info on
the API for this framework...

> I would guess that you'd need to be writing Java code to have this kind
> of detail, not javascript.  The info in the other replies you received
> is talking about Java code.
>
> Javascript would not be able to execute the analysis on the input anyway
> -- that's all Java as well.

Ummm… see slides 10 and 11 here: http://www.slideshare.net/erikhatcher/solr-indexing-and-analysis-tricks

So yes, you can do analysis tricks in an update script.  And it’s incredibly useful and
powerful!  :)

	Erik