lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jamie Jackson <jamieja...@gmail.com>
Subject Solrj: Cannot retry request with a non-repeatable request entity.
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2014 19:16:57 GMT
Please help me get over this obstacle:

Stack trace and (ColdFusion) snippet: https://gist.github.com/jamiejackson

(This is an attempt to get Solrj to perform a deleteByQuery
with ConcurrentUpdateSolrServer using basic authentication. I am a noob
with the entire Solrj and HTTPClient stack. )

Please let me know if you need more info.

FWIW, here's a message I got on the HttpClient mailing list:

Jamie
This question should have probably been addressed to Solrj community.
>From the HC standpoint you have three options
(1) make request entity repeatable
(2) force authentication by doing a GET prior to doing PUT or POST
(3) use 'expect-continue' handshake on the client side if the handshake
is supported by the server side.

Oleg

You'll notice that I tried to set "expect-continue" (commented out in my
snipppet), but that didn't seem to work.

Thanks,
Jamie