lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Roger Sindreu <...@anpro21.com>
Subject Need to reindex when changing schema.xml?
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2014 07:30:00 GMT
Hello

I hope this question has not been asked many times. I did some research but
I never could find clearly answered anywhere.

We have several multivalue fields on a instance with millions of documents
which only contain a single value. I would like to change it to
multivalue=false to be able to use grouping and stats on those fields.

My question is: Can I do it without reindexing?

Is there any document that says when rebuilding the index is needed versus
when it is not needed?

Thanks a lot