lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From ankit gupta <ankitgupta...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SOLR Boolean clause impact on memory/Performance
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2014 11:31:15 GMT
Thanks Erick for responding.

We have assigned 4GB memory for SOLR server and at high load where queries
are having more than 10K boolean clauses, combination of cache and high
boolean clauses are causing system to break. The system was working fine
for last 8 months but ofcourse the boolean clauses has increased over time
which I believe has caused the system to break and thats why I am looking
for some numbers which can tell me how much memory will solr take to
process say  1K boolean clauses in the query.

The requirement at our end does required such huge number of boolean
clauses. We need to present the search results to which user is entitled
to.

The entitlement is logic is dependent upon multiple packages. for example ,
user has entitlement to package A and B so we need to present search
results in case the results have tag of package A or Package B.

These packages have grown over time and seems to be causing issues.

Thanks,
Ankit