lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From David Philip <davidphilipshe...@gmail.com>
Subject Solr Synonyms, Escape space in case of multi words
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2014 13:46:45 GMT
Hi All,

   I remember using multi-words in synonyms in Solr 3.x version. In case of
multi words, I was escaping space with back slash[\] and it work as
intended.  Ex: ride\ makers, riders, rider\ guards.  Each one mapped to
each other and so when I searched for ride makers, I obtained the search
results for all of them. The field type was same as below. I have same set
up in solr 4.10 but now the multi word space escape is getting ignored. It
is tokenizing on spaces.

 synonyms.txt
    ridemakers, ride makers, ridemakerz, ride makerz, ride\mark, ride\ care

Analysis page:

ridemakersrideridemakerzrideridemarkridemakersmakerzcare

Field Type

    <fieldType name="text_syn" class="solr.TextField"
positionIncrementGap="100">
      <analyzer>
ignoreCase="true" expand="true"/>
      </analyzer>
    </fieldType>

Could you please tell me what could be the issue? How do I handle
multi-word cases?

    synonyms.txt
    ridemakers, ride makers, ridemakerz, ride makerz, ride\mark, ride\ care

Thanks - David