lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Danesh Kuruppu <dknkuru...@gmail.com>
Subject Performance improvement in latest version comparing to v1.4
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2014 05:23:44 GMT
Hi all,

Currently we are using solr for service meta data indexing and Searching .
we have embedded solr server running in our application and we are using
solr 1.4 version. Have some doubts to be clear.

1. What are the performance improvements we can gain from updating to the
latest solr version(4.10.1).

2. Currently we are using embedded solr, I have an idea of moving to
standalone server. What is best way of using standalone server in our java
webapp.

Please help me.