lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Need to reindex when changing schema.xml?
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2014 14:54:10 GMT
I'm going to inject a bit of caution here, since I've seen odd behaviors
pop out in cases like this. But not, I admit, this particular case.

I'd just go ahead and try it on a test index first. It's always possible
there's a safety check somewhere that'll be tripped by this kind of
change.

Erick@ParanoiaRulesSoTest

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 7:02 AM, Alexandre Rafalovitch
<arafalov@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 14 October 2014 04:40, Alan Woodward <alan@flax.co.uk> wrote:
>> I don't think there's any definitive reference on what requires a re-index, but that
would be a nice thing to add to the Reference Guide