lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Solr 4.7 .0 Issues with Update and Delete
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2014 16:17:03 GMT
At this point details matter a lot.

What exactly are you doing when you update?

What happens if you issue an explicit update command? i.e.
http://blahlbah/solr/collection/update?commit=true?

Are you sure you aren't seeing, say, browser caching?

Best,
Erick

On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 9:04 AM, Sujatha Arun <suja.arun@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, BookId is the unique key, the issue is resolved with respect to
> delete .Its the update that causing the issue
>
> On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 8:51 PM, Erick Erickson <erickerickson@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I'd add only one thing to Angel's comments:
>> you're deleting by "id", but querying by "BookId". This
>> _should_ work (on a quick glance at the code) iff
>> your <uniqueKey> is "BookId"...
>>
>> I took a quick glance at the code and "id" should delete by
>> <uniqueKey>, so is your "BookId" the <uniqueKey> in
>> your schema?
>>
>>
>>
>> On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 12:37 AM, Angel Tchorbadjiiski
>> <angel.tchorbadjiiski@antibodies-online.com> wrote:
>> > Hello Sujatha,
>> >
>> > have you tried to leave the quotes out? :-)
>> >
>> > Alternatively try using '<delete><query>id:1.0</query></delete>'
to see
>> if
>> > the same error arises.
>> >
>> > A bit more information on the Update issue (exact query sent and all the
>> log
>> > corresponding entries) would be needed to help you with your problem.
>> >
>> > Cheers
>> > Angel
>> >
>> >
>> > On 01.10.2014 09:19, Sujatha Arun wrote:
>> >>
>> >> I am having the  following issue on delete and update in solr 4.7.0
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> *Delete Issue*
>> >>
>> >> I am using the following Curl command to delete a document from index
>> >>
>> >> curl http://localhost:8080/solr/bf/update?commit=true -H "Content-Type:
>> >> text/xml" --data-binary '<delete><id>"1.0"</id></delete>'
>> >>
>> >> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>> >> <response>
>> >> <lst name="responseHeader"><int name="status">0</int><int
>> >> name="QTime">7</int></lst>
>> >> </response>
>> >>
>> >> This is what I see in logs
>> >>
>> >>   INFO  org.apache.solr.update.processor.LogUpdateProcessor  – [bf]
>> >> webapp=/solr path=/update params={commit=true} {delete=["1.0"
>> >> (-1480743948591824896)],commit=} 0 8
>> >>
>> >> But When  I query I am still seeing the document
>> >>
>> >> INFO  org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore  – [bf] webapp=/solr path=/select
>> >> params={indent=true&q=BookId:1.0&_=1412147431359&wt=json} hits=1
>> status=0
>> >> QTime=111
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> =============================================================
>> >>
>> >> *Update Issue*
>> >>
>> >> When I update a document for the first time it works fine ,but when I
>> >> update the same document again ,i  see this message in the logs and
>> >> document is not updated
>> >>
>> >>   INFO  org.apache.solr.update.UpdateHandler  – No uncommitted changes.
>> >> Skipping IW.commit.
>> >>
>> >> Regards
>> >>
>> >
>>

Mime
View raw message