lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Velocity with Child Documents?
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2014 19:09:48 GMT
Velocity is just taking the Solr response and displaying selected bits
in HTML. So assuming the information you want is in the reponse packet
(which you can tell just by doing the query from the browser) it's
"just" a matter of pulling it out of the response and displaying it.

Mostly when I started down this path I poked around the velocity
directory it was just a bit of hunt int to figure things out, with
some help from the Apache Velocity page.

Not much help, but the short form is there's much of an example that I
know of for your specific problem.

Erick

On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 8:54 AM, Edwards, Joshua
<Joshua.Edwards@capitalone.com> wrote:
> Hi -
>
> I am trying to index a collection that has child documents.  I have successfully loaded
the data into my index using SolrJ, and I have verified that I can search correctly using
the "child of" method in my fq variable.  Now, I would like to use Velocity (Solritas) to
display the parent records with some details of the child records underneath.  Is there an
easy way to do this?  Is there an example somewhere that I can look at?

> Thanks,
> Josh Edwards
>
> The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and/or proprietary to Capital
One and/or its affiliates. The information transmitted herewith is intended only for use by
the individual or entity to which it is addressed.  If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination,
distribution, copying or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the
sender and delete the material from your computer.