lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Clemens Wyss DEV <clemens...@mysign.ch>
Subject AW: (auto)suggestions, but ony from a "filtered" set of documents
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2014 16:31:24 GMT
If possible I'd like to omit the sparate core. We have this approach in the current Lucene-only-solution.
The main drawback IMHO is, that whenever the main index chnages you need to completely reindex
the term-index.
Is it at all possible to write an own Suggester, which could do what I want/need?

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Jorge Luis Betancourt Gonzalez [mailto:jlbetancourt@uci.cu]
Gesendet: Freitag, 26. September 2014 19:15
An: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Betreff: Re: (auto)suggestions, but ony from a "filtered" set of documents

Perhaps instead of the suggester component you could use the EdgeNGramFilter and provide partial
matches so you will me able to configure a custom request handler that will "suggest" terms
of phrases for you. I'm using this approach to provide queries suggestions, of course I'm
indexing the queries into a separated core.

Greetings,

On Sep 26, 2014, at 8:49 AM, Clemens Wyss DEV <clemensdev@mysign.ch> wrote:

> Either my intention is dumb (pls let me know ;)), or there is no answer to this problem.
If so, I will have to index my sources into separate cores.
> But then the questions arise:
> a) how do I get suggestions from more than one core? Multiple suggest-requests, then
merge?
> b) how doe I get (ranked) results from more than one core?
> In Lucene I was able to use a MultiIndexReader (one IndexReaders per index)
>
> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

to documents which fit the given qf-query.
> I need this filter if (as posted in a previous thread) I intend to put "different kind
of data" into one core/collection, cause suggestion shall be restrictable to one or many source(s)

Concurso "Mi selfie por los 5". Detalles en http://justiciaparaloscinco.wordpress.com