lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From aurelien.mazo...@francelabs.com
Subject Re: Nested documents in Solr
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2014 14:08:10 GMT
Hi Ramzi,

Thank you but I am not sure to understand well your answer. In your
example, I suppose that the indexed docs are flattened. If I want an AND
query instead of an OR query (let say, for example 'chapter_title:Lucene
AND chapter_content:fun'), how can I be sure that the terms "Lucene" and
"fun" will be matched in the same chapter of the book? (since in this
case chapter_content and chapter_title are multivalued fields)?

Regards,

Aurélien

On 21.10.2014 19:59, Ramzi Alqrainy wrote:
> I think if I have your question right, You can use multiple custom
> query
> syntax. You explicitly specify an alternative query parser such as
> DisMax or
> eDisMax, you're using the standard Lucene query parser by default.
>
> In your case, I think I can solve it by using this query
> chapter_title:Introduction ( chapter_title:Lucene OR
> chapter_content:fun )
>
> Here are some query examples demonstrating the query syntax.
>
> *Keyword matching*
>
> Search for word "foo" in the title field.
>
> title:foo
> Search for phrase "foo bar" in the title field.
>
> title:"foo bar"
> Search for phrase "foo bar" in the title field AND the phrase "quick
> fox" in
> the body field.
>
> title:"foo bar" AND body:"quick fox"
> Search for either the phrase "foo bar" in the title field AND the
> phrase
> "quick fox" in the body field, or the word "fox" in the title field.
>
> (title:"foo bar" AND body:"quick fox") OR title:fox
> Search for word "foo" and not "bar" in the title field.
>
> title:foo -title:bar
>
> *Wildcard matching*
>
> Search for any word that starts with "foo" in the title field.
>
> title:foo*
> Search for any word that starts with "foo" and ends with bar in the
> title
> field.
>
> title:foo*bar
> Note that Lucene doesn't support using a * symbol as the first
> character of
> a search.

Hi,

I have question regarding nested document queries:
For example, let’s say that I have the following book:
Book _title: Nested document for dummies
Chapter1_Title: Introduction
Chapter1_Content: Nested documents are fun.
Chapter2_Title: Which technology should I use?
Chapter2_Content: Lucene of course!

First I want to find books that contain an introduction and that are
about Lucene. So I decide to flatten my data and use 3 multivalued
fields
(Book_Title,Chapter_Title and Chapter_Content), I index my document and
then I get what I want when I use the following query : “
chapter_title:Introduction AND chapter_title:Lucene “
Now I want to find books that contain “fun” in a chapter called
“introduction”.  My model is no more valid (Chapter2_content is no more
linked with Chapter2_title). That is why I change my datamodel and use
nested documents:
I have now a parent with a single valued field Book_title and different
childs with single valued fields Chapter_title and Chapter_Content. Now,
when I run the query “chapter_title: Introduction AND
chapter_content:fun”
I also get what I want… But what do I have to do if I want to use these
two
kinds of query with a unique data model?

Thank you,

Regards,

Aurélien MAZOYER