lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Ahmet Arslan <iori...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Large fields storage
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2014 23:02:24 GMT
Hi Avi,

I assume your documents are rich documents like pdf word, am I correct?
When you extract textual content from them, their size will shrink.

Ahmet

On Tuesday, December 2, 2014 12:11 AM, Avishai Ish-Shalom <avishai@fewbytes.com> wrote:
Hi all,

I have very large documents (as big as 1GB) which i'm indexing and planning
to store in Solr in order to use highlighting snippets. I am concerned
about possible performance issues with such large fields - does storing the
fields require additional RAM over what is required to index/fetch/search?
I'm assuming Solr reads only the required data by offset from the storage
and not the entire field. Am I correct in this assumption?

Does anyone on this list has experience to share with such large documents?

Thanks,
Avishai