lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Siegfried Goeschl <sgoes...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: Slow queries
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2014 10:14:59 GMT
Hi,

using Jetty is the recommended approach while using Tomcat is not recommend (unless you are
a Tomcat shop).

But any discussion comes back to the original question - why is it slow now? Are you I/O-bound,
are CPU-bound, how many documents are committed/deleted over the time, do you having expensive
SOLR queries, what is your server code is doing - many questions and even more answers to
that - in other words nobody can help you when the basic work is not done. And when you know
your application performance-wise you probably also the solution :-)

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl