lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Trilok Prithvi <trilok.prit...@gmail.com>
Subject SolrCloud - Shard splitting and re-sizing nodes
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2014 19:25:02 GMT
Hello,

We have a 2 shards (S1, S2), 2 replica (R1, R2) setup (Solr Cloud) using
4.10.2 version. Each shard and replica resides on its own nodes (so, total
of 4 nodes).

As the data increased, we would like to split the shards. So, we are
thinking about creating 4 more nodes (2 for shards (S3, S4) and 2 for
replicas).

If I do "SPLITSHARD", it splits and keeps the data on the same node. How do
we split the shard and migrate to the new nodes (S3 and S4)?

Thanks!
Trilok