lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@heliosearch.com>
Subject Re: 'Illegal character in query' on Solr cloud 4.10.1
Date Wed, 24 Dec 2014 21:42:39 GMT
On Wed, Dec 24, 2014 at 4:32 PM, Erick Erickson <erickerickson@gmail.com> wrote:
> OK, then I don't think it's a Solr problem. I think 5 of your Tomcats are
> configured in such a way that they consider ^ to be an illegal character.

Hmmm, the stack trace in SOLR-5971 shows a different user (who gets
the same error message) running in Jetty.

Without looking into it further, I thought it most likely an issue
with the proxying code.

I don't think distrib=false won't prevent a node from proxying a query
to another node that can actually handle that query.

-Yonik
http://heliosearch.org - native code faceting, facet functions,
sub-facets, off-heap data