lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@heliosearch.com>
Subject Re: How to stop Solr tokenising search terms with spaces
Date Sun, 07 Dec 2014 20:48:32 GMT
On Sun, Dec 7, 2014 at 3:18 PM, Dinesh Babu <dinesh.babu@pb.com> wrote:
> Thanks Yonik. This does not seem to work for me. This is wgat I did
>
> 1) q=displayName:rvn* brings me two records (a) "RVN Viewpoint Users" and (b) "RVN Project
Admins"

> 2) {!complexphrase}"RVN*" --> Unknown query type \"org.apache.lucene.search.PrefixQuery\"
found in phrase query string \"RVN*\""

Looks like you found a bug in this part... a prefix query being quoted
when it doesn't need to be.

> 3) {!complexphrase}"RVN V*" -- Does not bring any result back.

This type of query should work (and does for me).  Is it because the
default search field does not have these terms, and you didn't specify
a different field to search?
Try this:
{!complexphrase}displayName:"RVN V*"

-Yonik