lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@heliosearch.com>
Subject Re: How to stop Solr tokenising search terms with spaces
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2014 13:25:11 GMT
On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 2:50 AM, Dinesh Babu <dinesh.babu@pb.com> wrote:
> I just tried  your suggestion
>
> {!complexphrase}displayName:"RVN Viewpoint users"
>
> Even the above did not work. Am I missing any configuration changes for this parser to
work?

What is the fieldType of displayName?
The complexphrase query parser is only for "text" fields (those that
that index each word as a separate term.)

-Yonik
http://heliosearch.org - native code faceting, facet functions,
sub-facets, off-heap data

> Regards,
> Dinesh Babu.

Project Admins"

>> 2) {!complexphrase}"RVN*" --> Unknown query type \"org.apache.lucene.search.PrefixQuery\"
found in phrase query string \"RVN*\""

> Looks like you found a bug in this part... a prefix query being quoted when it doesn't
need to be.

>> 3) {!complexphrase}"RVN V*" -- Does not bring any result back.
>
> This type of query should work (and does for me).  Is it because the default search field
does not have these terms, and you didn't specify a different field to search?