lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Alexandre Rafalovitch <arafa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SegmentInfos exposed to /admin/luke
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2014 13:39:15 GMT
You can't use grouping aliases and do full rebuilds on a separate core
+ substitutions? Might be a better strategy for nearly complete
replacement.

Regards,
   Alex.
P.s. But I like your proposal anyway.

Personal: http://www.outerthoughts.com/ and @arafalov
Solr resources and newsletter: http://www.solr-start.com/ and @solrstart
Solr popularizers community: https://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=6713853

On 3 December 2014 at 06:35, Alexey Kozhemiakin
<Alexey_Kozhemiakin@epam.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> We have a high percentage of deleted docs which do not go away because there are several
huge ancient segments that do not merge with anything else naturally. Our use case in constant
reindexing of same data - ~100 gb, 12 000 000 real records, 20 000 000 total records in index,
which is ~80% deletes.

> We plan to deal with situation by playing with mergeFactor, reclaimDeletesWeight and
maxSegmentSizeMB settings to optimize for our re-indexing rate and data size.
> And in order to do it with eyes-opened we want to see a picture similar to http://blog.mikemccandless.com/2011/02/visualizing-lucenes-segment-merges.html
 with columns of segment size and %of deletes.