lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Alexandre Rafalovitch <arafa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Get the new terms of fields since last update
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2014 16:30:33 GMT
On 5 December 2014 at 10:21, lboutros <boutrosl@gmail.com> wrote:
> Alex, I will check, this seems to be a good idea.
> Is it possible to filter terms with payloads in index readers ? I did not
> see anything like that in my first investigation.
> I suppose it would take some additional disk space.

Payloads are kind of step-children. The index - I believe - provides
space for them, but end-to-end tooling is not there. So, you have to
dig a bit harder. It will, of course, take more space. Though, if you
are rewriting your index every week, you only need to store a flag or
an offset from the last rewrite, not a full timestamp.

Regards,
   Alex.

Personal: http://www.outerthoughts.com/ and @arafalov
Solr resources and newsletter: http://www.solr-start.com/ and @solrstart