lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Avishai Ish-Shalom <avis...@fewbytes.com>
Subject Large fields storage
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2014 22:10:39 GMT
Hi all,

I have very large documents (as big as 1GB) which i'm indexing and planning
to store in Solr in order to use highlighting snippets. I am concerned
about possible performance issues with such large fields - does storing the
fields require additional RAM over what is required to index/fetch/search?
I'm assuming Solr reads only the required data by offset from the storage
and not the entire field. Am I correct in this assumption?

Does anyone on this list has experience to share with such large documents?

Thanks,
Avishai